Τετάρτη, Δεκεμβρίου 04, 2019

I can see your outline in the sun with a book of poems


Hazel

I can see your outline in the sun
with a book of poems and your slippers on
in the sitting room

I can hear you whisper in the dark
sitting up in the night with your head in your arms
in the empty hall

And in the dawn when the sparrows sing
from the cherry tree that you had put in
I’ll watch the sun lie across the lawn
like the many times that you did before

I’ll never know which books you read
or your darkest fear as you lay in bed
but I’ll share your room

In the kitchen where you cut your arm
left your blood on the floor where the kids were born
so the life goes on

And in the evening when the moon is bright
and the stars are hiding in the city lights
I’ll watch the fire flicker on the wall
where you once hung pictures when you were small

Oh Hazel how could I forget
I live in your house but we’ve never met
oh where have you gone

But I’ll keep your dreams and put them with mine
and I’ll keep them safe until I die
then I’ll pass them o

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: