"who with poetic force creates an imagined world, where life and myth condense to form a disconcerting picture of the human predicament today".
Ο ΚΕΝΖΑΜΠΟΥΡΟ ΟΕ,
ΕΝΑΣ ΑΠΟ ΤΟΥΣ ΠΙΟ ΣΗΜΑΝΤΙΚΟΥΣ
ΣΥΓΧΡΟΝΟΥΣ ΙΑΠΩΝΕΣ ΛΟΓΟΤΕΧΝΕΣ.
ΤΡΙΑ ΑΠΟ ΤΑ ΒΙΒΛΙΑ ΤΟΥ ΟΕ ΚΥΚΛΟΦΟΡΟΥΝ
ΣΤΗ ΧΩΡΑ ΜΑΣ
(ΜΙΑ ΠΡΟΣΩΠΙΚΗ ΥΠΟΘΕΣΗ/
Η ΣΙΩΠΗΛΗ ΚΡΑΥΓΗ/
ΤΣΑΚΙΣΕ ΤΑ ΑΠΟ ΜΙΚΡΑ- ΣΚΟΤΩΣΕ ΤΑ ΑΠΟ ΠΑΙΔΙΑ)
ΑΠΟ ΤΙΣ ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ "ΚΑΣΤΑΝΙΩΤΗΣ".
ΕΙΝΑΙ , ΚΑΤΑ ΤΗ ΓΝΩΜΗ ΜΑΣ,
ΕΝΟΣ ΛΟΓΟΤΕΧΝΗ ΠΟΥ ΤΟΛΜΑ ΝΑ ΤΑΡΑΞΕΙ ΤΑ ΝΕΡΑ
ΜΙΑΣ ΑΥΤΑΡΕΣΚΗΣ ΚΑΙ ΕΦΗΣΥΧΑΣΜΕΝΗΣ ΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΑΣ,
ΦΕΡΝΟΝΤΑΣ ΣΤΟ ΠΡΟΣΚΗΝΙΟ ΜΕΓΑΛΑ
ΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΚΑ ΚΑΙ ΥΠΑΡΞΙΑΚΑ ΖΗΤΗΜΑΤΑ.
ΠΑΡΑΘΕΤΟΥΜΕ ΜΙΑ ΣΥΝΟΜΙΛΙΑ
ΤΟΥ ΟΕ ΤΟΥ 1999,
ΜΕΣΑ ΑΠΟ ΤΗΝ ΟΠΟΙΑ ΜΑΘΑΙΝΟΥΜΕ
ΠΟΛΛΑ ΕΝΔΙΑΦΕΡΟΝΤΑ ΓΙΑ ΤΗ ΖΩΗ ΚΑΙ ΤΗΝ ΤΕΧΝΗ ΤΟΥ.
This interview is part of the Institute's "Conversations with History" series, and uses Internet technology to share with the public
οur guest is the distinguished Japanese writer Kenzaburo Oe. His prolific body of novels, short stories, and critical and political essays has won almost every major international honor. Oe's achievements as a writer committed to both literary and humanitarian causes were recognized in 1994 when he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. In works such as A Personal Matter, The Silent Cry, A Quiet Life, Hiroshima Notes, and A Healing Family, Oe's art moves from the personal to the political, exploring how the individual, in confronting life's tragedies overcomes humiliation and shame to "get on with life," and in so doing, finds personal dignity and a renewed sense of his responsibility to his fellow man.
Mr. Oe is on the
- Background ... wartime ... writers in family ... two books
- Being a Writer ... writing from the periphery ... the concept of habits
- Finding a Voice in Tragedy ... birth of son and visit to
... an authentic man Hiroshima
- The Artist as Healer ... son's first words ... music ... healing through expression
- A Writer's Themes ... being chosen by a theme ... linking the personal to the societal ... ultranationalism and fascism
- Conclusion ... the role of youth ... advice to students