Τρίτη, Δεκεμβρίου 30, 2008

Joseph Rudyard Kipling

Joseph Rudyard Kipling
(30 Δεκεμβρίου 1865 – 18 Ιανουαρίου 1936)

*
Cities And Thrones And Powers


Cities and Thrones and Powers,
Stand in Time's eye,
Almost as long as flowers,
Which daily die:
But, as new buds put forth,
To glad new men,
Out of the spent and unconsidered Earth, The Cities rise again.

This season's Daffodil,
She never hears
What change, what chance, what chill,
Cut down last year's:
But with bold countenance,
And knowledge small,
Esteems her seven days' continuance
To be perpetual.

So time that is o'er kind,
To all that be,
Ordains us e'en as blind,
As bold as she:
That in our very death,
And burial sure,
Shadow to shadow, well-persuaded, saith, "See how our works endure!"



ΝΤΟΚΟΥΜΕΝΤΟ
Ο Kipling απαγγέλλει το περίφημο ποίημά του "If" ( Εάν)

3 σχόλια:

Ανώνυμος είπε...

how can you write a so cool blog,i am watting your new post in the future!

Ανώνυμος είπε...

It seems a little more than I need to check the information, because I was thinking: Why does not my GLOG these things!

Ανώνυμος είπε...

icicle25800

Yasmine Hamdan - Hal (official music video) #JimJarmusch EditQ « Ω εύθραυστη καρδιά μου/ Ο χωρισμός με σκοτώνει»...

I adore you And if a day passes by without seeing you I forget you How come this time I drew you The Longing moves the nostalgia in my heart...