Τρίτη, Ιουνίου 19, 2018

I ride alone

It's another night in Los Angeles
My passport is restless in my boot
And my thoughts take wings to wonder
Get up they say man vamoose
I think about my thoughts of Paris
Of fine wine, women and precious things
I think about my life on the midnight highway
The life of a renegade king
Twenty years they've called me a bandit
Twenty years I've been on the run
Twenty years defending my honor
Twenty years harming no one
And I ride
I ride alone, yes I ride, I ride alone
They say there goes a strange one
He sits back to the wall
Noticing conversation
Rarely speaking at all
And he rides, he rides alone
Yes he rides, he rides alone
It's true I'm not much on talking
It's true there's not much I know
But one thing I've learned for certain
You reap whatever you sow
And you ride, you ride alone
Yes you ride, you ride alone
There's a hawk high in the heaven
A truly magnificent bird
He waits on wings of silver
To bring the glorious word
And he flies, he flies alone
Yes he flies, he flies alone

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Μια αλλιώτικη Καθαρή Δευτέρα στην τουρκοκρατούμενη Ήπειρο

  Η ΚΑΘΑΡΗ ΔΕΥΤΕΡΑ Διήγημα του  Χρήστου Χρηστοβασίλη (1862-1937) Ήμουν τότε παιδί όχι πλειότερο από οχτώ χρονών και μαθήτευα στον παπα-Αντ...