Τετάρτη, Σεπτεμβρίου 02, 2015

Εγώ "σκληρή";


Non mi dir - No. 23, Recitative and Aria
from Act II, Scene V of the Italian opera Don Giovanni by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Libretto: Lorenzo da Ponte
Role: Donna Anna, a noblewoman, Don Ottavio's fiancee, daughter of Commendatore Seville.
Voice Part: soprano       Fach: dramatic coloratura
Setting: A room in the palace of Donna Anna
Synopsis: Donna Anna, who is still strongly affected by her father's death, asks that Don Ottavio cease talking about marriage until she has had time to get over this tragedy. She still loves him, she says, but would like him to be patient.
Range: Tessitura:
E4 - A#/Bb5G4 - A5
Translations/Aria Texts:
Translation into English by Camila Argolo Freitas Batista (added 1997-11-04)
Non mi dir, Donna Anna's recit. and aria from Don Giovanni

Crudele?    I cruel?
Ah no, giammai mio ben!   Ah no, my dearest!
Troppo mi spiace allontanarti   It grieves me much to postpone
un ben che lungamente    a bliss we have for long desired...
 la nostr'alma desia... 
Ma il mondo, o Dio!   But what would the world say?
Non sedur la costanza   Do not tempt the fortitude
del sensibil mio core;   of my tender heart,
ahbastanza per te mi parla amore which already pleads your loving cause.

Non mi dir, bell'idol mio,  Say not, my beloved,
Che son io crudel con te.  that I am cruel to you:
Tu ben sai quant'io t'amai,  you must know how much I loved you,
Tu conosci la mia fe'.   and you know what I am true.
Calma, calma il tuo tormento,  Calm your torments,
Se di duol non vuoi ch'io mora.  if you would not have me die of grief.
Forse un giorno il cielo ancora  One day, perhaps, Heaven again
Sentirà pietà di me.   will smile on me.

Translation by Camila Argolo Freitas Batista (camila@infonet.com.br) 
 Πηγή: http://www.aria-database.com/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Τις τελευταίες 14 υποψηφιότητες για τις Ευρωεκλογές ανακοίνωσε η Νέα Αριστερά.

  Ευρωεκλογές 2024: Μάρω Δούκα και Κωστής Καρπόζηλος στο ευρωψηφοδέλτιο της Νέας Αριστεράς! ...