Τρίτη, Αυγούστου 25, 2015

Ιρλανδικό αεράκι


Danny Boy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


 Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me
I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.



************************

Na Casaidigh with the popular Irish song about the 1798 Rebellion in Ireland. Na Casaidigh or The Cassidys are a traditional Irish family band from the Gaoth Dobhair (Gweedore) Gaeltacht in County Donegal.

The Rising of the Moon

Lyrics:

Oh then, tell me Seán O'Farrell, tell me why you hurry so?
"Hush a bhuachaill, hush and listen", and his cheeks were all aglow,
"I bear orders from the captain:- get you ready quick and soon
For the pikes must be together by the rising of the moon"
By the rising of the moon, by the rising of the moon,

For the pikes must be together by the rising of the moon

"And come tell me Seán O'Farrell where the gath'rin is to be?"
"In the old spot by the river, right well known to you and me.
One more word for signal token:- whistle out the marchin' tune,
With your pike upon your shoulder, by the rising of the moon."
By the rising of the moon, by the rising of the moon
With your pike upon your shoulder, by the rising of the moon.

Out from many a mud wall cabin eyes were watching through the night,
Many a manly chest was throbbing, for the blessed morning light.
Murmurs ran along the valleys like the banshee's lonely croon
And a thousand pikes were flashing at the rising of the moon.
At the rising of the moon, at the rising of the moon.
And a thousand pikes were flashing by the rising of the moon.

There beside the singing river that black mass of men was seen,
High above their shining weapons flew their own beloved green.
"Death to every foe and traitor! Forward strike the marching tune."
And hurrah my boys for freedom; 'tis the rising of the moon".
Tis the rising of the moon, tis the rising of the moon
And hurrah my boys for freedom; 'Tis the rising of the moon".

Well they fought for poor old Ireland, and full bitter was their fate,
Oh what glorious pride and sorrow, fills the name of ninety-eight!
Yet, thank God, e'en still are beating hearts in manhood burning noon,
Who would follow in their footsteps, at the risin' of the moon
At the rising of the moon, At the rising of the moon
Who would follow in their footsteps, at the risin' of the moon.

***********************************

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Καναδή ακτιβίστρια προς Μητσοτάκη: «Θα έπρεπε να ντρέπεστε, έχετε το αίμα 14.000 παιδιών από την Παλαιστίνη στα χέρια σας. Πώς μπορείτε να κοιτάζετε τον εαυτό σας στον καθρέπτη; Το Ισραήλ είναι τρομοκρατικό κράτος»

  Με μια ακτιβίστρια υπέρ της Παλαιστίνης βρέθηκε αντιμέτωπος ο Κυριάκος Μητσοτάκης στον Καναδά, κατά τη διάρκεια της παραμονής του στη χώρα...